Submissions

Monday 1 March 2010

Issue one// Clare Jones

P/C


You are my present continuous tense, temporal

unsure if this is it at all.

I dread the third conditional because the past

is inside it, already pooling into mind.

And if you look and look to find

the tightened mouth on two

three and trois are still aligned,

but not blue and bleu and you.

I don’t hear Spanish but I know

a few words

the ones I needed.

Nous sommes nu together, a part of my heart

but when he is there we say ils.

He watches the doll dress

sees mine to eye to eye

in the back, a pocket mirror

lipstick smudge on thigh.

The leopard to the lamb on land

to lie down with the asp

his young his waters full his hand

and sounds of gentled glass.

Give me a neutraled opened key

and words from yours by you to me.



© Clare Jones 2010